60 Vegetarian Capsules (VCaps®)
FemBalance® is specially formulated to support female healthy hormonal balance. May reduce menstrual cycle irregularity, and reduce symptoms associated with pre-menstrual tension such as feelings of irritability, mood changes, and breast tenderness.
- Features Indolplex®, a proprietary microencapsulated formulation of 3, 3′-diindolylmethane (DIM) with high bioavailability. DIM is a natural plant indole that is abundant in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and cabbage.
- The critical role of hormones in breast, and prostate health has long been recognised. Bioavailable DIM modulates oestrogen metabolism, and alters urinary oestrogen metabolite profiles. Oestrogens are a group of three biochemically distinct hormones, oestradiol (E2), oestrone (E1), and oestriol (E3). Furthermore, oestrogen is enzymatically converted to specific estrogen metabolites such as 16-alpha hydroxyoestrones, 2-methoxyestrogens, 16-alpha hydroxyoestrone, and 4-hydroxyoestrogens. Two oestrogen metabolites, 16-alpha hydroxyoestrone and 2-hydroxyestrogen, have contrasting cellular activities.
- Chaste berry (Vitex agnus castus) is traditionally used in western herbal for a range of female reproductive conditions. May support healthy female reproductive hormone levels, and reduce symptoms associated with pre-menstrual tension.
- Bladderwrack is a natural source of iodine and traditional thyroid tonic to support thyroid gland health. Iodine assists thyroid hormone production, and plays a physiological role in supporting breast health.
- Supplies cholecalciferol (D3) to maintain levels within a normal range. Vitamin D3 has diverse effects in the body. This nutrient improves immunity, and supports calcium absorption to enhance bone health.
- Supplies selenium to increase levels in the body. Selenium is an antioxidant that enhances immune system function, and reduces free radicals formed in the body.
Each vegetarian capsule contains:
Equivalent bioavailable DIM 13.5mg
Chaste berry (Vitex agnus castus) extract
Equivalent dry herb 200mg
Equivalent vitamin D3 500IU
Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosus) extract
Equivalent dry herb 560mg
Providing iodine 280μg
Equivalent selenium 150μg
Cellulose microcrystalline, silicon dioxide, calcium hydrogen phosphate and magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
Contains no gluten, dairy, yeast, wheat, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Adults take 1 capsule daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Vitamins and minerals can only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.
Not recommended for use by pregnant, or breastfeeding women. Seek the advice of a doctor before taking Indolplex® when taking prescribed medication. Indolplex® increases activity CYP1A2 which suggests supplementation may have the potential to decrease concentrations of medications metabolized by CYP1A2. Indolplex® does not contain goitrogenic compounds which could affect thyroid function.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.